Do you want to work for a company that has been named one of The Wall Street Journal top 50 startups and one of the 25 top start ups to bet your career on by Business Insider? Coupa is building a world-class company of experienced professionals and we could be looking for you.
We need an experienced and dynamic Director of Corporate Communication to lead our public relations, analyst relations and corporate messaging efforts. In this role, you will report to the VP of Marketing and work out of our San Mateo, CA headquarters.
Coupa is a late-stage cloud startup disrupting e-procurement with a suite of financial applications that is changing the way enterprises approach procurement, expense management and invoicing. The company is funded by top-tier VCs and has experienced explosive year-on-year growth. With over 400 customers worldwide, we are looking to expand our team for continued success as we scale the company. You must be able to take the lead in a very fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to identify opportunities for PR and develop comprehensive, multi-dimensional PR plan to increase overall brand awareness of Coupa. Plan includes thought leadership programs, social media, customer stories, events, product launches, and innovation releases.
- Build relationships with industry press, bloggers, and influencers, in coordination with content and social media team.
- Provide external PR agency with strategic direction as well as executional guidance. Serve as primary agency contact.
- Provide leadership in messaging development and brand positioning.
- Write press releases and maintain press and news sections of Coupa.com
- Identify and apply for product, company and industry awards
- Develop KPIs and reporting to measure effectiveness of PR initiatives
- Maintain Coupa’s relationship with industry analysts.
- Negotiate contracts and manage analyst relationships.
- Provide ongoing analyst support to ensure positive coverage of Coupa Software by analysts.
- Help develop and iterate messaging as the company grows globally and enhances its product suite
- Work with product marketing to ensure alignment of product and corporate messaging
- Work with marketing team to ensure alignment of corporate messaging with campaigns
- Minimum of 10 years PR experience, including enterprise software industry experience
- Proven experience in managing an external PR agency. Must understand how to track and audit agency performance, and provide ongoing guidance for maximum performance and ROI.
- Must be well-versed in social media, and a heavy user of social media channels.
- Expert ability in writing and editing press releases, media collateral, award submissions and blog posts
- Ability to lead internal and external teams, and provide cross-functional leadership.
- A “can-do” attitude with a relentless obsession for customer satisfaction and audience engagement.
- You don’t wait for others and are willing to move quickly with skilled and tactical execution.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and excel at handling multiple concurrent projects.
In addition to a very competitive salary, we offer incentive stock options, company paid health benefits, 401k and a startup environment that allows for creativity and a chance to have fun at work.
If interested, please contact Natalie Cedeno, Director of Human Resources for additional information or assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-539-3872.