Partner Sales Manager
Location – San Mateo, CA or remote as needed
Reports to: Vice President, Alliances
Duties and Responsibilities: Commissioned sales role. Close revenue contracts with Partners and Partner Customers. Effectively communicate Coupa’s value proposition, vision, product and service capabilities to Partner targets. Secure Partner revenue commitments to Coupa. Evangelize both internally and externally to support channel harmony. Drive Partner sales opportunities as necessary, including conflict resolution. Manage interface between Partners and Coupa. Achieve and exceed assigned revenue target and other objectives based on Coupa’s’ and Partner’s business plans. Introduce Partner to new Coupa products and services as they become available.
Skills and Experience:
- Business – know Coupa’s business and how Partner’s business works; know the competition and how to position Coupa.
- Communication – understand and communicate complex contract requirements and develop proposals – proficient in understanding and communicating all products and technical information.
- Customer Focus – proficient in assessing and exceeding customer needs.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving – assess key decision makers’ needs and determine, and deliver, the appropriate sales message and service offerings to meet customer needs without coaching.
- Initiative – expand sales to existing Partner customers by identifying additional needs – lead Partner and Coupa sales initiatives, where applicable, by developing account plan, identifying necessary resources and leading customer interface – create leads through networking and following up on others’ efforts – anticipate problems/opportunities.
- Integrity – honest even when self-damaging – able to influence others – recognizes the need for tact – encourages ethical work environment.
- Negotiating – proficient in managing complex negotiations – identify and address hidden agendas.
- Bachelor’s degree with Masters preferable.
- 10 years business experience (spend management preferable) with 5 years successful experience in commissioned sales roles.
- Demonstrated experience in account management.
- Proven ability to develop and implement business plans and achieve required results.
- Knowledge of team concepts and principles; sales and marketing strategies’ management of resources; analytical problem-solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to win in highly competitive sales situations.
- Strong executive and consultative relationship selling background.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will NOT be accepted.