Do you want to work for a company that has been named one of The Wall Street Journal top 50 startups and one of the 25 top start ups to bet your career on by Business Insider? Coupa Software could be the company for you.
Coupa is building a world-class company of experienced professionals. We are currently looking for a Release Manager.
The Release Manager role at Coupa is a highly-visible, leadership position responsible for planning, coordination and oversight of major product releases and patches in a SaaS environment. This person is responsible for driving on-time, high quality releases with a large number of teams. In addition, this person will drive definition and evolution of release processes and automation to optimize efficiency and quality while meeting the demands of Coupa's rapid growth. The ideal candidate will have strong program management skills and release management experience in SaaS and agile environments.
- Drive the release planning process, define and manage release schedules and milestones.
- Ensure on-time and effective delivery of high-quality, enterprise SaaS releases.
- Define and manage release readiness and success criteria based on business requirements.
- Lead cross-functional teams to support releases of varying size & complexity. Cross-functional teams encompass: Product Development, Quality Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Documentation, Training, Operations, and Support & Service Delivery.
- Define and manage Early Customer Access Programs (aka Beta).
- Implement best practices consistent with an agile development methodology.
- Manage change control processes for changes to code lines and production environments.
- Proactively mitigate risks and remove obstacles.
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur, and improve processes accordingly.
- Provide oversight for deployment of releases into production environments.
- Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years release management experience in an enterprise software development environment
- Strong program management skills
- Experience in a large SaaS environment with agile development methodologies
- Experience managing a large number of teams
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, with ability to work with engineers and executives
- Proven leadership capabilities with matrixed teams and ability to drive issues to closure
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with multi-tiered system operations, including web, application and database operational support & services
Coupa offers a very comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes company paid health insurance, stock options, 401(K), FSA as well as a very generous PTO plan along with a creative and exciting place to work.
If interested, please contact Natalie Cedeno, Director of Human Resources for additional information or assistance at email@example.com or 650-539-3872.