The Coupa Sales Consultant will be primarily responsible for supporting the Company’s Sales teams in pre-sales activities. The role’s focus will be on providing functional pre-sales support. Part of the role, 25%, will be geared towards post-sales consulting to help customer’s implement the solution. The successful candidate will work directly with Coupa’s prospects, sales team and partners to help identify the fit between Coupa’s solution and the client’s needs, design the optimal solution, and demonstrate that solution.
The role will require you to:
- Prepare and deliver product demos, presentations, and competitive positioning
- Understand and articulate complex business issues, and address them with appropriate solutions
- Complete RFIs and RFPs
- Ensure a smooth transition between pre-sales technical work and post-sales consulting and technical support
- Deliver business and technical presentations to any client at the executive, decision-making level
- Help provide training to Coupa’s Partners, Customers and Prospects
- Develop tools typically used by pre-sales professionals, including presentations, demonstrations, demonstration scripts, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS degree plus 2-3 years e-Procurement, Purchasing, Sourcing, Supplier Management, or ERP pre-sales experience
- A solid understanding of common industry business practices related to Finance and Procurement
- Solid understanding of Cloud and/or SaaS enterprise applications
- Experience in translating customer business requirements into workable business solutions
- Excellent client communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional demonstration skills
- Experience with financial accounting, procurement, material management, customer management, and sales force automation software preferred
- Previous experience with one or more of the following applications: Ariba, Perfect Commerce, Ketera, Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains), QuickBooks, MAS 90, NetSuite, Infor ERP, Epicor Enterprise, Oracle Applications, SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, salesforce.com
- Working knowledge of and experience using XML, Java, HTML, and SQL is helpful but not a requirement
- A passion for helping small and mid-sized businesses as well as larger Fortune 1000 companies find creative ways to use software as a service technology to more effectively run their businesses
- A passion for building a company and truly making a difference
- Startup company experience a big plus
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Fluency in English, additional languages would be advantageous
Your compensation will include a base, commission payable on a quarterly basis and equity options.
This position is San Mateo, CA. The successful candidate will work out of Coupa’s headquarters office. Periodic travel, both within the United States and internationally, may be required.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will NOT be accepted.