To truly get spend under management, it is critical that businesses understand how they spend their money. Businesses need to be able to analyze their spend to identify opportunities that can drive further savings. Coupa can integrate seamlessly with other Analytics platforms that can transform raw Coupa data, provide meaningful insights into their spend, and allow for strategic decision-making.
Coupa has a wealth of data regarding the business’s spend. This data can be extracted out of Coupa and into business intelligence platforms. Users can then leverage the third party Analytics platform to:
- Create reports against Coupa data
- Create dashboards that visualize Coupa data
- Combine Coupa data with datasets from other sources to allow for holistic analysis
DESIGNING THE SOLUTION
Coupa will export data out of Coupa into an sFTP. An sFTP account will be generated for you to login and retrieve the data. After retrieving the Coupa data, it must be transformed into a format that your system can consume.
After the Coupa data is in your system, users can leverage your Analytics Platform to create advanced reports and dashboards.
The following objects can be exported out of Coupa
- Purchase Orders
- Expense Reports
- Approval Delegates
- User Logins
- Invoice Payments
- Data will be in a pre-defined standard Coupa CSV format
- Data will be exported to a Coupa hosted SFTP server
- Schedule and frequency will be predefined by Coupa
- Standard and predefined extraction criteria will be used
- Flat files use the following conventions taken from RFC 4180
- The delimiter is a comma: ,
- All fields are always text qualified (enclosed) with the double quote character: "
- Double quote characters within a field are escaped by another double quote character. If a user enters: Status is "Green" in a comment field, this would be represented as "Status is ""Green"""
- New Line characters may be allowed within qualified field values
- Text-Encoding: UTF-8 (with No Byte Order Marker (BOM))
- It is the responsibility of the client to delete the datafile from Coupa’s SFTP site once they consume the file