Why Coupa?Watch Now
Find CoupaLink Partners:View Directory
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. Avalara delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. Our Compliance Cloud™ platform supports customers in managing complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Supporting over 20,000 customers globally, Avalara is the leader in cloud-based tax automation for businesses of all sizes. Our investments in advanced technology and deep statutory tax content enable Avalara customers to automate the entire compliance process, thus reducing errors and audit exposure, increasing the speed of transaction processing, and reducing total compliance costs. If you struggle with manually loading tax rates into Coupa or with manual exceptions during invoice processing which require costly staff review, Avalara can help. Avalara’s unique cloud integration with Coupa can automate all of the work required and address these pain points.
There are three things that make Avalara unique in the industry:
- Technology: Our proprietary geo-spatial technology alllows Avalara to identify precisely where a transaction takes place and, thus, what the over-lapping tax jurisdictions are
- Content: Industry-leading content team that researches all of the changes in tax rates, tax laws and boundary changes ensuring you have the most up-to-date data possible
- Integrations: With over 300 different integrations to different business technology platforms, Avalara can offer you one voice to all of your tax needs regardless of what applications you use to run your business
With a standardized, Coupa-certified integration, the Avalara Coupa integration provides businesses functionality to assess, validate and accrue the sales & use tax on the Coupa invoice provided by the supplier. The Avalara integration allows you to:
- Call Avalara AvaTax to independently calculate use tax during invoice processing
- Record the total AvaTax tax amount in Coupa providing a comparison of vendor-charged sales tax and the AvaTax amount
- Flag invoice in Coupa for further review if the vendor-charged tax amount is different when compared to the AvaTax amount
- Apply line level tax amount returned from Avalara, in addition to other tax content, onto outbound file sent to ERP
- Record the Coupa invoice within AvaTax for use in a suite of tax reports, and made available for Avalara Returns filings and remittance services
American Tire Distributors
"Between our technical resources and the resources on the integration team at Coupa we were able to design and implement an integration in a very short period of time."
— Matt Scoble, Director Business Development, Avalara