Founded in 1978, Vertex Inc. is the leading provider of corporate tax software and services for companies of all sizes, from small to medium-sized businesses to global multinationals. Vertex solutions enable companies to realize the full strategic potential of the corporate tax function. The company offers a variety of products and services that allow businesses to automate, integrate, and streamline their corporate tax processes. Vertex provides solutions in every major line of tax including income, sales and consumer use, value added and payroll. Vertex also offers tailored solutions for specific industries including retail, communications, hospitality and leasing. Vertex Managed Services allows companies to outsource sales and use tax returns and exemption certificate management.
The foundation of the system is the tax database. Vertex’s industry renowned research team maintains a database of current sales and use tax rates and rules for more than 9,000 U.S. taxing jurisdictions. This proprietary database is maintained and updated by a SSAE 16-certified tax research process at Vertex. A monthly data file update, available from the Vertex client portal, contains all the changes to tax rates and rules for your company’s taxing jurisdictions. This ensures your tax calculations are based on the most accurate data, and allows your tax department to focus on tax management functions, not tax research.
Using this solution, you will be able to:
- Upon invoice submission, calculate consumer use tax to be self accrued
- Flag invoice in Coupa for further review if supplier-entered tax amount is different when compared to Vertex calculated tax
- Record the Vertex calculated tax amounts in Coupa
- Record the Coupa invoice in Vertex for further reporting & analysis
- Send the Vertex & Supplier tax amounts to your ERP for further processing
Proctor & Gamble