Why Coupa?Watch Now
SmarterTrip from Coupa monitors traveler behavior to predict, pre-populate expense reports
Mobile app, also available for Apple Watch, reduces time and frustration of creating business expense reports.
SAN FRANCISCO — COUPA INSPIRE — June 4, 2015 — Coupa Software, the leading provider of cloud spend management solutions, today announced a mobile application that tracks business expenses by automatically recording an employee’s location and mileage to predict items that may need to be expensed. SmarterTrip for Coupa Expense Management alerts the traveler of these predicted items and enables one touch expensing using the mobile app or Apple Watch.
“SmarterTrip gives every business traveler a virtual personal assistant. It only monitors your travel after you turn it on, and it instantly sends you actionable notifications for one touch expensing,” said Rob Bernshteyn, CEO of Coupa. “We’re excited to continually apply technology to B2B in ways that simply wouldn’t have been possible a few short years ago. Our unique application of machine learning to expense management allows today’s mobile workforce to reduce work by creating expenses in seconds.”
SmarterTrip for Coupa Expense Management is the industry’s first unified, one touch expensing experience for spend management; delivering usability to both business users and Accounts Payable. Additional benefits include earlier expense visibility for easier accruals and financial reporting.
Coupa works with any ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, Workday or Great Plains to provide businesses with the measurable results long lacking in cloud spend management; every person that touches Coupa experiences a solution that increases B2B efficiency and drives profitability.
Today’s announcement caps a year of rapid innovation for Coupa Expense Management, which also includes:
- Coupa for AppleWatch – allowing on-the-go executives to approve or reject expense reports in seconds right from their wrist.
- Intelligent Voice Capture – freeing mobile workers from their keyboards, Coupa is taking the industry far beyond basic voice entry. Intelligent voice capture parses spoken sentences and populates each expense item detail accordingly – including event, date, price and location.
- Pop-up Policy Confirmation and Explanation – reinforcing Coupa’s mission to provide on-the-go compliance, policy confirmations are automated for each expense item. The app confirms compliance with travel policies and provides the underlying policy information to help users make better decisions for the company.
- Auto Classification for Expense Items – streamlining the data entry process for employees, the app offers auto-recognition of commonly used expense terms. Expense items are automatically categorized in real-time, based on the usage patterns across Coupa’s significant customer base. This drives reporting accuracy so the back office can have real time reporting with reduced data misclassification.
- Itemization & Multi-Day Split — employees now have access to more functionality on the go. Users can easily categorize their expenses and provide further detail into expense sub-lines and items with full itemization for lodging, meals, travel and more. In addition, customers can also take advantage of the Multi-Day Split feature in order to provide detail into spend spread out over a period of time or a group, such as multiple-night hotel stays or dinners with multiple attendees.
Coupa Expense Management makes expense management easy for both users and the back office. The Coupa platform provides an industry unique model that allows companies to start with Expense Management and easily extend to cover all areas of business spending (including e-invoicing, procurement, sourcing and inventory) without having to integrate applications to one another. Find out more at http://www.coupa.com.
About Coupa Software
Coupa Software is the leading provider of cloud-based financial applications. More than 500 customers in over 40 countries, including Sanofi, Salesforce.com, BNP Paribas North America, NEC, Royal Bank of Canada, Swiss Re, and Highmark Health use the Coupa suite of financial applications to support business agility and reduce costs. Coupa provides a suite of true cloud applications for finance, including accounts payable, sourcing, procurement and expense management, that allows customers to realize a return on their investment within a few months and savings that continually impact the bottom line. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more at our company blog, Making Cents or follow @Coupa on Twitter.