Coupa and Orbitz for Business to Deliver Integrated Expense Management and Travel Booking Solution
Industry Leaders Partner to Help Companies Reduce Travel Costs
SAN MATEO, Calif. — June 25, 2013 — Coupa Software, a leading provider of cloud-based spend optimization solutions for finance, today announced they have partnered with Orbitz for Business, the corporate travel brand of Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE: OWW), to offer a seamless integration between their services and provide customers with a premier travel booking and expense management solution.
Coupa’s expense management software will be integrated into the Orbitz for Business booking tool later this year.
When customers use Orbitz for Business to book travel arrangements on a desktop, tablet or mobile device, the information will be automatically populated in Coupa Expenses. An expense report is automatically completed, which helps employees cut expense reporting time, increase accuracy, and helps controllers identify fraud.
“This partnership between Coupa and Orbitz for Business is a natural fit – both are innovative technology companies that are focused on developing intuitive products our customers want to use,” said Anne Marie Razza, vice president of product strategy and development at Orbitz for Business. “Orbitz for Business travelers already have access to comprehensive supplier inventory and an easy-to-use booking tool – and our upcoming integration with Coupa’s software will seamlessly combine two robust, user-friendly products that further improve the traveler experience and deliver additional cost savings.”
Key benefits of the partnership and integration include:
Travel & Expense Harmony
- Coupa users will benefit from existing Orbitz for Business benefits such as a “consumerized” online booking interface; full suite of mobile tools; specially negotiated rates; and 24/7 online or offline customer care
- Partnering with Coupa for expense management will encourage seamless integration of travel and expense and will drive cost savings before the trip – not after
Reduced Travel Costs
- Using Coupa Sourcing, Orbitz for Business customers will soon get full visibility across all travel expenditures and negotiate preferred pricing with fewer travel vendors
Ease of Use Means Faster Cycle Times
- Eliminates the need to fill out expense reports, so employees will submit them sooner, reducing the cycle time
- Orbitz for Business travel bookings are automatically loaded into Coupa Expenses, which eliminates discrepancies in the data and increases accuracy
- Controllers have visibility into booking and expense costs, and can easily identify discrepancies in spending. Coupa eliminates fraudulent expense reports by flagging out of policy discrepancies so companies can manage by exception
“As a leader in cloud spend optimization, we knew a partnership with a travel industry pioneer like Orbitz for Business would be a great benefit,” said Tony Darugar, General Manager, Expenses, Coupa. “This is yet another example of how our convenient expense management platform helps employees get the information that they need without getting bogged down by a complex, time-consuming process.”
The Coupa app is also available on iOS and Android devices. Users can take a photo of their business receipts, which then syncs with the Coupa platform, and is routed through all necessary approval processes.
About Coupa Software
Founded in 2006, Coupa Software is the leading provider of cloud-based spend optimization software. More than 300 customers in 40 countriesuse the Coupa suite of cloud applications to amplify their spend power and reduce spending costs up to 11 percent. Only Coupa provides a true suite of cloud applications for finance, including procurement, expense management and accounts payable that enables customers to launch the solution immediately and quickly realize significant savings. Learn more at: https://www.coupa.comor call 650.931.3200. Read more at our company blog, Making Cents, or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
About Orbitz for Business
Orbitz for Business is the corporate travel brand of Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE: OWW). Launched in 2002, Orbitz for Business offers a complete portfolio of global business travel products and services that help corporate customers plan, search and book travel. Orbitz for Business leverages Orbitz Worldwide technology, customized for corporate travelers. In addition to its leading technology, Orbitz for Business delivers full service, cost effective travel management solutions including 24/7 customer support; expense reporting and policy management tools; and comprehensive choice in travel inventory.